I heard there’s a game plan?
Hey all, I’m here to share what Rune is doing and where it sees itself going. 👋
You all know Rune is a place to farm tokens. But is that it? What’s the game plan?
We love games. You love games. Lets build games. We want to build a protocol that will satisfy not only our games, but a marketplace of games. We’ll build the first 2 ourselves to kick it off.
Starts out as a farming game, and transitions into an online 2D RPG. This RPG is simpler in nature, demonstrating the robustness and features of our NFT protocol, but not a full-featured RPG.
Full-fledged 3D RPG online world. A lot has been drafted so far, but full-time development is slated to start later this year (preliminary estimate).
The ultimate goal of these games is we provide a shining example for which the game industry can look for how blockchain gaming can work. We know a lot of game devs struggle with this, and are on tight timelines so don’t have time to pursue risky endeavors. And marketplaces are a HUGE challenge for them. That’s what we’re here for. We’re the DeFi adopters, we’re the Rune Raiders.
We want our children get their first Master Sword, and keep and upgrade that same sword throughout their life. Or take his very first Charizard into battle years later. Just like the anime, and how it should be. To be able to verify you own that Charizard, or that physical card using a digital NFT. To be able to fluidly transition into official and unofficial games with these NFTs. That’s what the future holds.
As many of you already know, the $RUNE token is the protocol token. Then we have the tokens for each rune: $EL, $TIR, etc. These basically act as the economy. It’s a way of distributing the economic value within the RUNE ecosystem across 33 tokens throughout the year, each with different distribution mechanics. We believe this will result in more holders, a dynamic economy that is like none other in blockchain.
You can already acquire the first NFT for these games on rune.farm by exchanging 1 EL and 1 TIR for the Steel runeword, which is truly randomly generated and gives instant utility in our farms.
Finally, today we’re announcing the $ARC token.
$ARC will be earned through a persistent farm. By staking $RUNE LPs you earn $ARC, which receives dividends from the protocol. Every block, $ARC holders will receive a proportional fraction of the dividends coming in from the RUNE protocol.
To unstake your RUNE LPs, you will need to provide the equivalent portion of $ARC that exists compared to your portion of $RUNE. Then those $ARC will be burned and need to be farmed again. This provides stability to $RUNE because it requires staking to earn these tokens, and gives a dynamic flow between the $RUNE protocol token and the current economic value of the protocol dividends.
What have we accomplished so far?
- Unique website, not totally copy/pasted.
- Character creation system.
- $RUNE farmed in an interesting way, cutting off supply to 20,000 on day 1 after dumpers dumped. Something probably never done before.
- 3 rune farms, one per week. Never done before.
- Airdropped 1 rune specifically on Rune characters. Never done before.
- First farm with a requirement (Rune character). Never done before.
- Truly random item crafting system with real utility. Never done before.
- Arbitrage bot to start providing stability vs whales and bots.
- 8 communities, each with dedicated CMs:
- JP 🇯🇵 | CN 🇨🇳 | PH 🇵🇭 | FR 🇫🇷 | ESP 🇪🇸 | IN 🇮🇳 | DE 🇩🇪
- Lots of giveaways, contests, quizes, and fun!
What’s coming up?
- Improved inventory and more item crafting.
- More unique distribution mechanics: reflect, rebase, LP lockups, etc.
- Fluid farming: easy transition between farms.
- Arbitrage bot improvements.
- ABNB pair release.
- Continuing to work hard on listings, CoinGecko, CoinMarketCap, etc.
- Rune swaps, BEP20 <-> NFT.
- Achievements, points, etc.
- Shop. Purchase skins, pets, NFTs directly with BNB.
- Bosses. Stake $RUNE to earn runes in boss battles.
- Arcane Sanctuary website + branding.
- DeFi marketing kicks off (DappRadar etc).
- Stretch Goal: Chests. Purchase keys to unlock chests for BNB or other tokens.
- Stretch Goal: Leaderboards.
- 4 rune farms.
- Partnerships. Exclusive partner NFTs with unique mechanics.
- RUNE governance voting.
- ABNB/ABUSD wrapped tokens.
- Gambling system.
- $ARC token launch.
- Marketing Fundraiser Event (pets)
- 4 rune farms.
- Game alpha (PRELIMINARY ESTIMATE DATE)
- Ethereum <> BSC bridge for Rune NFTs. Bring your NFTs to ETH + OpenSea.
- Rune Ultimate Tournament.
- Start work on NFT licensing/upgrading.
- Start work on Marketplace.
- Marketplace beta (PRELIMINARY ESTIMATE DATE)
- NFT licensing + upgrading system finalized.
- Team starts working on Arcane Sanctuary.
- Team starts working on cross-chain bridge.
Please see the roadmap for more details.
We will be developing a full-featured marketplace for our games, and any other games that want to join us. It will be a desktop + web app, and something like a combination of OpenSea and Steam.
Marketing Fundraiser Event
We’ll be offering unique NFT pets that can only be received through this event. We’re going to offer them on Ethereum, so they enjoy the ecosystem already built there like OpenSea. Then in June, we’ll offer a bridge between blockchains.
Depending on how much we raise, the contributors will get different tiers. Tentative pets: Forest Turtle, Wyvern, Hippogryph, Goblin Drake, Fairy Drake, Red-Eyes Black Drake, Blue-Eyes White Drake, Golden Lion Cub. Each of these will have viewable 3D models on OpenSea.
We’ll also be accepting custom item requests for donations over 10 BNB.
Goal: Raise funds for a large marketing campaign. We’re talking original media, large audience stuff. Not giveaways or contests.
Rune Ultimate Tournament
This will be a series of tournaments, where each winner/winning team will receive a generous portion of the SHAEL rune supply. If you want to be a SHAEL whale, you’re going to prove your worth in battle.
Goal: Reach a wider very-relevant audience.
Arbitrage Bot Improvements
Please see our blog post here on this issue if you haven’t already.
Goal: Stomp out bots and whales manipulating bots.
ELD rune + ETH rune
We know you’ve been patiently waiting for the game plan for these airdropped runes. There’s a few reasons why we didn’t rush to announce anything. 1) We don’t need people with the mentality of getting the airdrop and dumping it immediately. 2) We are gaining 1 rune per week, and we have to try really hard to find utility for them all. Which is no small challenge.
As always, ELD and ETH will be required in future Rune Word item recipes. Which means they will be consumed and can be burned. That’s a good first step but we need more. All SHAEL transfers will automatically buy and lock ELD-ETH LPs. This will give them additional deflationary mechanics. SHAEL will be the official token of the Rune Ultimate Tournament, which will be a huge marketing event for us and should bring volume to the SHAEL token, and thus lock up a lot of ELD and ETH runes.
We’re hiring for these part-time roles:
Graphic Designer (NFTs)
Benefits include: working at home in underwear, more time with GoldenLion, potentially exclusive NFTs, lots of runes. Partial payment in stablecoins is acceptable, but RUNE is ideal 🙂
It’s going to be a jam packed year full of fun, games, NFTs, and hopefully a very profitable experience for all raiders.
Binzy signing off!
aaaaaand signing on again cause dev never stops